Friday 20 November 2015

30 Second Reflection - A Whole New Whole

Nope, I'm not about to get all Alladin on you (Ah!! Alladin! That's this weekend sorted then...!) but rather I am introducing the last of these little bible excepts for the week. These mini reflections have gone along with this weeks Faith for the Fainthearted post all about how the Bible might be useful for something more than a very effective doorstop (which it is, by the way!)

So today, rather fittingly I have gone right to the end of the Bible to one of those passages that I would happily have written on my wall to read every single day. It is such a beautiful picture of what the life of faith envisions at the end of this wonderful yet often turbulent life that we live. Check it out:

'The I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth has passed away and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,

'See the home of God is among mortals.
He will dwell with them and they will be his peoples
and God himself will be with them,
he will wipe every tear from their eyes.
Death will be no more;
mourning and crying and pain will be no more,
for the first things have passed away.'

From Revelation 21:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment